On August 1, CVEC will upgrade our core computer systems that manage our billing and customer information.
This will help your Co-op operate more efficiently and prepare for increased member options in the future.
There won’t be many noticeable differences to you,
the member, but below are a few that you may see
after the upgrade.
Billing & mailing address:
- CVEC has redesigned our electric bill, so it will have a new look.
- If you submit payments by mail, your envelope will go to a new address, where it will be processed, credited to your account, and then deposited to CVEC’s bank.
- If you utilize your bank’s bill payment service, you will need to provide them with the new address once the change goes into effect.
- Your current account number will stay the same! (Make sure you are using the account number printed on your bill.)
Online & phone payments:
- CVEC will be switching from Western Union / Speedpay to a different payment processor. Western Union will not process payments to CVEC after August 1.
- If you are enrolled for recurring Western Union payments, no payments will be automatically processed after August 1. You will need to visit the new payment site on www.mycvec.com and re-enroll for recurring payments.
- When you pay online or through the automated phone system, your account will be updated in real time.
- If you are paying to have service restored or to avoid an imminent disconnection due to non-payment, contact us by phone so that we can take the appropriate action.
Member web portal:
- The portal that permits you to access your account information will be new, but the features will be similar, if not the same.
- Members will be able to use their existing username, but will need to use their existing account number to sign-on for the first time.
- Your billing and usage history will be available with a weather overlay.
- You will still be able to view your daily usage to help manage energy.
- Submitting a service request or reporting an outage are options that will remain available. (Go to Lights On! above)
Other programs & options that Will Not Change:
- Levelized Budget Billing
- Prepaid Option
- Automatic Bank Draft
- Paperless / E-Billing
- Mobile App
Look for additional updates!
800 Cooperative Way
Arrington, VA 22922
Dept. 1340 | PO Box 2153
Birmingham, AL 35287-1340
P. O. Box 247
Lovingston, VA 22949